Winter has not always been a season I’ve enjoyed. Scraping off the car, boots, bulky coats and sub-zero temperatures are not my favourite activities. Since having kids my opinion on Winter has most definitely changed. Now, I think of sledding, hot cocoa, building snowmen and skating. It’s a season of magical snowflakes and a for my boys their excitement to build their first snowman of the year is almost too much to handle. With each falling snowflake they ask if we can build a snowman. Since we haven’t had any snow stay I decided to improvise and we built Marshmallow Snowmen instead.
These adorable snowmen can be made with simple ingredients and the finished product could be used to top cupcakes, displayed on a stick or a party platter, or simply gobbled up upon completion.
What You’ll Need:
- Marshmallows (medium sized)
- Pretzel sticks
- Chocolate cookies
- Orange gumdrop or Starburst Candy cut into small triangle
- Toothpicks (or use royal icing as a ‘glue’)
- Cake Mate Gel Red
- Wilton Black Sparkle Gel
Directions to Make Your Marshmallow Snowmen:
- Place two marshmallows on a toothpick (or if making with kids you could stick them together with royal icing)
- Use royal icing or a tiny end of a toothpick to attach nose.
- With Wilton Black Sparkle Gel put on dots for eyes and mouth
- Using Cake Mate Gel Red put on three dots for buttons on bottom marshmallow
- Cut pretzel sticks in half and insert into bottom marshmallow for arms.
- Use royal icing of the end of the toothpick to attach cookie base for stability
Snowmen are perfect for winter parties and more. We’ve even had our Elf on a Shelf make these as treat!
Don’t forget some fun and festive Kid-Friendly Holiday Food. Perfect for holiday party planning.