Growing up I remember that wearing white after Labour Day was considered a fashion faux pas. Then one Winter I bought a dress coat that was “Winter white” and got so many compliments on it I felt it was time to rethink the concept of white after Labour Day. Plus, with warmer temperatures into Fall I am often not ready to put away my ‘summer’ clothes and move to darker colours. Not sure about you, but I love wearing white any time of year, especially since I’ve changed my laundry routine to keep my whites bright.
For many, a concern when wearing white is keeping them white. From food to deodorant stains, wearing white can be asking for trouble. Thankfully OxiClean™ White Revive™ Powder—fabric care winner of the 2015 Best New Product Awards—is specially formulated to maintain and revive your whites. I even have white bedding now because I love the look of bright white bedding in my bedroom.
Here are a few tips on ways you can say goodbye to “no white after Labour Day” and incorporate white into your wardrobe this fall and even into winter!
Five ways to wear white after Labour Day
- Mix and match – pair white statement pieces with neutral colours like grey or tan to tone down the summer vibe for a sophisticated fall look
- Cool winter chic – stick to all white accessories like white cashmere gloves or a cable knit scarf to elevate your look as the months get colder
- Say yes to the shearling – from boots to jackets to capes, shearling makes an appearance every fall. Incorporate a pop of white in your transitional wardrobe with shearling accents
- The not-so-blue jean – to balance out the summery feel of a pair of white denim jeans, pair with a distressed leather jacket in dark brown or a tan trench over coat for a more polished look
- Not over overalls – the 90s staple is back with a vengeance! A perfect transitional piece as the days get cooler, mix a pair of white overalls with runners and your favourite dark cropped jacket for a cool urban fall look
Grab some OxiClean™ White Revive™ Powder and your whites will thank you!
Disclosure: I am a Brand Ambassador for Church & Dwight. Products and information are supplied, but as always, all opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply