The concept of paying it forward and spreading good is one that many of us have been taught from a young age. To give to charity, to volunteer, to hold doors open, to help those who need a hand and to follow the golden rule “do unto others as you would have them do to you.” Such a simple principle of a good life, and one that many people forget to make part of their daily life.
When corporations do something special, when they listen, when they take that extra minute to go out of their way for you it is remarkable. You feel like a person, a valued customer, your trust grows and your connection deepens. I have long been amazed by Telus’s customer care, wonderful advertisements and cute little furry creatures. When I heard the story of Ramona I was absolutely in awe. What a remarkable day for a loyal customer. Dreams really do come true.
TELUS also believes that a simple thank you can go a long way. And while it would be easy to send a text or reach out with a quick call, we believe that some thank yous are just better shared in person. With this in mind, TELUS gave loyal customer, Ramona, a big surprise to thank her for being such a great customer for almost 20 years. Ramona had told TELUS that she loves aviation, so the whole day was structured around her interests and desire to ride on an aerial plane – she even got to fly it!
This video brought tears to my eyes as I imagined what it must have felt like for Ramona to realize that all of this was for her, that so many people were involved in making her dream a reality and that she was special, and valued and cared for. Whether it is from a company, a friend or a family member those are feelings we all long for.
Ramona’s surprise was only the first of a series of surprises the TELUS Care-a-Van team is sharing. With a host of events and activities that will be taking place all week long to specially thank TELUS local customers and the Guelph community.
- TELUS is literally performing everyday acts of caring all over the Guelph community throughout the week. As part of this, TELUS is donating $5 to the Guelph Children’s
- Foundation for every use of #actsofcaring.
- We’re going door to door to the homes of our top 100 customers to thank them personally with a care package – a small token of our appreciation.
- We’re hosting a free BBQ lunch for our top 1000 customers and their families at the local TELUS store.
- We’ll be presenting a cheque to the Guelph Children’s Foundation in the amount of $5000 – in response to all the uses of #actsofcaring. Donald Woodley (member of TELUS Board of Directors) will join our celebration to present the cheque.
To read more about TELUS’s #ActsofCaring campaign visit their website and enter the #ActsofCaring contest.
What would my dream day be?
I think for me my dream day would be an escape. Driving in a convertible, top down cruising on the back country roads leading to my favourite Spa for a day or rest, relaxation and healing. A day to read, be still and think.
What would your dream day be?
Disclosure: I am part of the TELUS Grand Gestures Campaign and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.