Homemade pasta sauce is one of my favourite things to make. Not only is it easy but it can be filled with so many complex flavours. This recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese Alfredo is creamy delicious and filled with the complex flavours of roasted peppers. Whether you are making a quick pasta dish for a weeknight dinner or serving it alongside some fresh crusty bread to guests, this Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese Alfredo is sure to be a hit.
- 1 8-12 ounce jar of roasted red peppers, strained and chopped
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup fat free half & half could also use 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese grated
- 12 ounces linguine cooked to al dente (could easily use 1lb of pasta here, it would be less saucy though)
- salt & pepper to taste
Pour olive oil in a skillet and saute onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the half & half, goat cheese, salt & pepper.
Stir to melt goat cheese into sauce and keep warm over low heat.
Place red peppers into sauce along with Parmesan cheese.
Stir to melt cheese and remove from heat.
Use an immersion blender to puree the peppers within the sauce (this can also be done in a blender).
Once pureed add cooked pasta to skillet with sauce and stir to coat.
Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
Top with more Parmesan cheese, goat cheese crumbles, pepper and salt if desired.
Recipes and Photographs provided by A. Zea
What is your favourite homemade pasta sauce?