Our garden is currently producing a large number of cherry tomatoes. While I love just eating them right off the plant or on a nice green salad, sometimes you need a recipe that uses a lot of them!
Last night I made this easy cherry tomato salad. It took only a couple of minutes to make, then refrigeration time = perfect summer side dish.
- 2 cups of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 4-5 large basil leaves finely sliced
- 1/8 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/2 tsp course salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Place tomatoes in bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
Toss until coated.
Place in refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
Serve on a bed of greens or onto of your favourite grilled meat.