It’s been an almost unbearable heat wave in Eastern Ontario. From the high heat to the thick humidity I have not wanted to put on my stove. So, tonight I made a favourite dinner of ours – a summer salad. Super easy, super delicious, super healthy.
- rotisserie chicken or left over grilled chicken
- baby spinach
- snap peas
- hearts of palm
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
Arrange the spinach on your plate, pull chicken or slice and place on spinach.
Slice tomatoes, carrots, and apples and place on top of chicken.
Drain hearts of palm, slice, arrange on salad.
Sprinkle a handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds over the top.
* other possible ingredients - blueberries, strawberries, nuts, other sliced veggies, cheese.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I used one infused with fig)
- 2 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a mini food processor until well blended.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to two days.
You will love that this salad can be made quickly and it’s perfect to serve for a summer lunch and the dressing is delicious any time of year. Grab your freshest ingredients and get set for a delicious salad.