I love a good challenge, so when I was asked if I could make a list for $100 I was in!
Here were some of the choices for the challenge:
- Feed your family of four for 4 days on $100
- Dress two children for summer on $100
- Get a head-to-toe summer outfit for either mom or dad for $100
- Decorate your outdoor living space for $100
- Redecorate a bedroom or family room for $100
- Host a child’s birthday party with 5 guests for $100
While these looked like a great challenge, I wanted to do something travel related. With an upcoming road trip I challenged myself to purchase our road trip essentials for $100.
On Thursday May 2, I loaded my family in the car and we headed to our local store for the WalMart Frugal Heroes Challenge.
My shopping list included: healthy snacks, drinks, activities for the car, the hotel and rest stops.
Here is what I was able to get with $100:
2 packages of Oasis juice boxes
6 pack of Diet Pepsi Bottles
Bag of fresh Gala apples
2 boxes of Quaker Harvest Crunch bars
Jack’s Link’s Beef Jerky
Dry Roasted Almonds
Kleenex Splash-n-go wipes
Thomas Take-n-play track with train
2 Thomas Take-n-play trains