Yesterday I was grumpy.
Yesterday I was tired.
Yesterday I felt like I couldn’t handle much more.
But, today is a new day!
Today I had a good sleep made even better by my husband letting me sleep in.
It is amazing how sleep affects us. I remember fondly those University years when I would go out with friends all night, come home, crash, get up and head to class with a large coffee and bleary eyes. I think that sitting in a lecture requires little patience. Raising toddlers requires a lot. When I am sleep deprived, I lose that patience and that seems to make everything worse. Combine that with twins that refused to nap yesterday = bad day.
One of my favorite things is a page-a-day calendar from The Happiness Project. I bought it at Christmas and liked it so much I bought another for a good friend. I didn’t take a moment to look at it yesterday but if I had I would have reflected on the questions it was asking:
1. What activities make you feel calmer and more serene?
2. What’s your favorite form of exercise?
3. What’s something you could stop doing or start doing or do differently that would boost your happiness?
A day late, but here are my answers:
1. Reading, sitting by on the beach or near water, a hug from my husband, a great cup of tea
2. Tried Cross Fit this week and LOVED it. Signed up for a program through August.
3. I could stop staying up late so that I can ensure I get more sleep. I can take a walk everyday and enjoy this beautiful weather. Before I know it there will be snow and cold!