Toddlers are strange creatures. They are trying out the world around them, testing limits and some days it seems like their whole purpose is to drive their parents crazy. From playing with the toilet paper, to eating cat/dog food, to crying hysterically during a photo shoot. Today, the boys were happy beyond belief, but wild. Running, screaming, playing, hitting, and crying. I thought today I would write about my pet peeves. Here they are…
My top five toddler pet peeves:
1. Not listening when I call them. Or, coyly smiling, and running in the opposite direction
2. Kicking, flailing, screaming when we try to change their clothing or their diapers
3. Refusing to sit in booster seats, high chairs, or really anything that might keep them at the dinner table for more than 3 seconds
4. The constant “me, me, me, me” or “mine, mine, mine, mine” With twins this leads to no good.
5. The inconsistencies. One day they love going to eat in a restaurant, the next they sit down and refuse to go in.
I wish I didn’t lose my shit. I wish I wasn’t a parent who raised my voice and sternly called their names. A lot of the time I wish I handled situations differently. I definitely wish there was some sort of instruction manual that came with my boys.
Fingers crossed for a calm, cool and collected weekend for all of us!