A delicious recipe for cinnamon rolls that can be made in a skillet. While they take a bit longer than pre-made cinnamon roll dough the flavour and ingredients are truly worth the extra time.
1. In a mixing bowl, stir yeast into milk, and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Mix in eggs, sugar, butter, and salt,
3. Add flour to a large mixing bowl and pour milk mixture over it.
4. Mix until well combined, then let rise for about an hour.
5. In a separate bowl add filling ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Roll out the dough into a large rectangle, roughly 10” x 20”, and evenly sprinkle filling mix over the top.
7. Roll along the long edge, and cut into 7 rolls. Place the cut rolls in an oiled cast iron pan, let rise for another 30 minutes.
8. In a 350 degree oven, bake the rolls for 20 minutes.
9. While baking, mix the frosting ingredients together in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
10. Top each roll with a scoop of frosting, finished with coarsely chopped bacon.