Anything pumpkin makes me think of beautiful Fall days filled with crisp air and colourful trees. This pumpkin cake is perfect for any Fall celebration, afternoon tea or a book club gathering. It’s easy to make, filled with Fall flavours and the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing adds the perfect twist to a traditional icing. Grab some pumpkin and let’s make a cake!
Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 15 oz pure pumpkin puree
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
Preheat oven to 350.
Spray two cake pans with cooking spray and set aside.
In a stand mixer beat sugars and butter together until whipped.
In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
Beat eggs into butter/sugar mixture one at a time then add pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
*the mixture will appear separated but will come back together once you add the flour mixture.
Add flour mixture in batches to stand mixer, alternating with cold milk until all ingredients are mixed.
Divide evenly between the two greased cake pans and bake for 35-40 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool in pans for 10 mins then transfer to wire racks.
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon (add an additional ½ tsp if you want a strong cinnamon flavour)
- 4-5 cups icing sugar (depending on desired textured)
- In a stand mixer cream together cream cheese, butter, lemon juice and vanilla until all ingredients are combined.
- Add cinnamon and 1 cup of sugar and blend.
- Continue to add each cup of icing sugar mixing to ensure fully blended.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check out some of my favourites:
Pumpkin Spice Delight Java (Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free)