The new “diet” that I am on has forced me to take a look at websites and food sources I do not normally frequent. I came upon this salad and made it yesterday for lunch. It was AWESOME! Highly recommend it and look forward to making it again and again.
Here is a link to the recipe:
Kale Quinoa and Cranberry Salad
- 1 cup quinoa yields 4 cooked cups
- 2 1/2 cups water divided
- 8 cups kale yields 4 steamed cups, stems removed, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries juice-sweetened
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed butter use almond butter if you can’t find pumpkin
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt reduce if needed
Place quinoa and 1.5 cups of water into a medium pot.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat for five minutes, then fluff with a fork. Let cool.
Place kale and 1 cup water in a large pot and steam for two minutes. Drain well.
Place cooked quinoa into kale pot.
Add seeds and berries. Mix well to combine.
Mix all dressing ingredients together in a bowl and add to pot.
Combine well. Serve warm immediately or chill and serve.
I loved it so much that I ordered the cookbook it came from right away. Hoping it will be at my door on Monday.