|My idea began with a bunch of organic Kale and some eggs|
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 bunch of kale, deveined, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups Aged Cheddar
- 2 freezer pie crusts
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups – 2% milk
- 1 tsp Club House Garlic Plus seasoning
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- dash of cinnamon
|Kale, onions and spices|
|Kale mixture in crust|
|Cheese on top of Kale|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium. Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add as much kale (make sure it is chopped in small pieces) to skillet as will fit; season with salt and pepper and tsp of garlic plus spice, and toss, adding more kale as room becomes available, until wilted.
- Transfer mixture to a colander. Press firmly with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Divide mixture and cheese between prepared crusts. Place each crust on a separate rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Cinnamon, salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, pour egg mixture into crusts.
- Arrange baking sheets on racks, and bake until center of each quiche is just set, 25 minutes, rotating sheets from top to bottom halfway through. Let quiches stand 15 minutes before serving.
These were a big hit with my family. From toddlers to adults :)
Recipe inspired by: Martha Stewart Spinach and Gruyere Quiches