I have seen many examples of a DIY Succulent Terrarium on Pinterest and thought they would make the perfect teacher gifts for end of the year. Something my boys and I could make together and I love giving a gift that will last far beyond when it is given. The best part about making a DIY Succulent Terrarium is that they are the perfect gift for any occasion – even for wedding favours.
What You’ll Need:
- Mason Jar or Kitchen Jars
- Small succulents (I used Hens n’ Chicks)
- Cactus Soil
- Small Rocks (optional)
Steps to Make Your Succulent Terrarium
- Place stones in bottom of jar (if using)
- Fill jar 3/4 full with cactus soil
- Take succulents out of container and break up soil so that only the succulent and a bit of soil/roots remain
- Place succulents in jar and add 1 – 2 tbsp of water.
- Succulent care: let soil dry out between watering.
Whether you are look for a summer planting project or looking to make gifts for someone special you will love the simplicity of this project and the simple beauty of them.