As a kid, my mom made mini cheesecakes every Christmas and by special request. I can remember the rich creamy taste and the dollop of cherry pie filling on top. They were heavenly. This year, as I began to prepare for Christmas I made a list of desserts I would make to share with our family and friends. I always pick some favourites and try out some new recipes I’ve seen. This year I decided to do a remake of my mom’s mini cheesecakes.
My version comes with a fudge cookie bottom, a cranberry cheesecake and is topped with a homemade cranberry coulis. Delicious!
Cranberry Fudge Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 package of fudge cookies
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese (use light for a tart flavour)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For coulis:
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place muffin cups/liners into a muffin tin.
- Place one fudge cookie at the in each muffin cup.
- In a stand mixer cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- In a separate cup beat egg and vanilla together, add to cheese mixture.
- Once combined add sour cream and whipping cream and mix until combined.
- Put mixture into a large freezer ziploc bag and cut the corner.
- Fill each tin till approximately ⅔ full.
- In blender, blend cranberries.
- Once blended, put cranberries, water and lemon zest into a pot and boil.
- Allow to cool slightly then mix one tsp of coulis into the cheesecakes.
- Place a pan full of water on the bottom rack.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheesecake is soft and almost fully cooked.
- Allow to cool in muffin tins.
- Before serving top with cranberry coulis.
I loved making these cheesecakes and my guests when wild over them. Do you love mini cheesecakes? Looking for more? Check out these ones from Life Made Delicious – Lemon White Chocolate Cheesecake bites, Granola Apple Mini Cheesecakes.
Have you made mini cheesecakes? What was/is your favourite flavour?