I’ve loved camping since I was a kid and I’m excited to share all of the fun parts of camping with my boys. From taking them tent camping as infants to Glamping we have enjoyed a number of camping trips together.
To celebrate camping and all of the delicious foods you can make around the campfire we have gathered 25 Camping Recipes that will make your next camping trip the best ever!
Ensuring you are making the best camping recipes and preparing ahead for a delicious camping trip is key to everyone having a good time.
Even if it rains, there are bugs or the tent links, everything is made better with a fantastic hot meal, or even better a delicious hot meal made over a campfire.
If you have a favorite camping recipe be sure to share it. If you are in the mood for the ultimate camping breakfast make sure you try our best camping recipe: Camping Breakfast Skillet.
The Camping Recipe in the Photo is a version of this delicious Hungarian Goulash Recipe or as many call it, Hot Dog Stew. Perfect for a crowd and you can make it in a large cast iron pot over the fire and you will be a camping superhero!
Next up we have a collection of 25 best camping recipes from some of our favorite sites. From main dishes to desserts and everything in between you can enjoy all of the recipes by cooking them over the campfire or on a camp stove.
The Best Camping Recipes
1. Dessert made easy with this Campfire Banana Boat Recipe by The Clever Pink Pirate
2. Looking for a great side dish to go with any camping meal? We love these Simple Grilled Onions Side Dish from Earning & Saving with Sarah Fuller
3. Potatoes and Campfire go together like…ok maybe not a great rhyme but these Campfire Potatoes by Cincy Shopper are another great side dish the whole family will love.
4. Hungry for more potatoes? Try these easy Foiled Potatoes by My Heavenly Recipes – a camping recipe favorite!
5. We make these S’mores Cones on our BBQ when not camping. No matter how you cook them, these S’mores Cones from Thrifty Jinxy are delicious.
6. Another sweet treat, this Grilled Caramel Apple Crunch by Coffee With Us 3 is a great camping recipe dessert.
7. Pack this trail mix by Happy Hooligans for your camping trip – a great snack for kids of all ages.
8. Love dump cakes? This Campfire Dump Cake by Simply Budgeted made with cherries and cake mix for an easy, delicious dessert.
9. Foil wrapped dinners are perfect for camping and this Sweet Onion Grilled Salmon by Lori’s Culinary Creations is no exception.
10. Love cinnamon buns? Love orange? The combination of flavors in these cute little Orange Peel Cinnamon Rolls by Say Not Sweet Anne are truly amazing.
11. Need another potato recipe? Of course, you do! Delicious Grilled Spicy New Potatoes by Future Expat can be made on a BBQ or a camp stove.
12. Yum! The combination of flavors in this Dutch Oven Texas Peach Cobbler by My Turn for Us is sure to be a new family favorite.
13. Cheese and potatoes is a marriage in heaven. Try these 3 Cheese Bacon Campfire Potatoes for cheesy goodness.
14. Another foil package dinner these Hawaiian Packets by Around My Family Table bring a taste of Hawaii on your camping trip.
15. Side dish and main cooked together in this Grilled Meat and Potatoes Foil Packets by Thrifty DIY Diva is a great camping recipe.
16. Kabobs make a great grilled camping recipe – you will love these Steak & Chicken Kabobs by My Heavenly Recipes.
17. Perfect for breakfast or lunch, yummy Cheesy Ham and Egg Sandwiches by Thrifty Jinxy combine the best of breakfast sandwiches together.
18. Have you ever grilled breakfast? We have often made it separately, but this combination of Breakfast on the Grill by Mom VS The Boys is easy to make and delicious.
19. A great side dish, these Grilled Potato Packets by How to Have It All can be assembled by your little chefs.
20. 10 Minute Grilled Pineapple is so quick and so easy you won’t believe you haven’t made them before. Great snacks or desserts for any camping trip.
21. The smoky flavor that comes from these Campfire Quesadillas by Dirty Gourmet will make them the best quesadillas you’ll ever have.
22. Italian Sausage and Potato Tin Foil Dinner by One Sweet Appetite is another option for a great foil dinner. Change up the sausage to your favorite sausage (honey garlic? spicy?) whatever you choose will create a truly unique dinner.
23. Grilled Pizza by A Mom’s Take brings your favorite pizza to your tent.
24. Love a hearty breakfast? This Lumberjack Breakfast by Echoes of Laughter is exactly that!
25. Campfire Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich by Twin Dragonfly Designs makes a delicious dinner or lunch.
Looking for the perfect accompaniment to these easy camping recipes then make sure you take the ingredients to make these delicious S’mores recipes. What goes together better than camping and S’mores?
New to camping? We have a list of the best camping gear to make your camping trip dry and fun!
Looking for a different make-ahead camping recipe? Try our Chicken Tamales and Green Salsa they are always a hit with some nacho chips by the campfire. No matter what you have planned for your camping trip these remarkable camping recipes are sure to make your camping experience delicious!
Do you have a favorite camping recipe you’d like to share? Leave it in the comments – we’d love to try it!