Looking for a recipe to spice up your Cinco de Mayo? This recipe is sure to please your guests for a party or a quiet meal at home. Plus, these Lentil Tacos are gluten-free and vegetarian so they appeal to a number of different dietary restrictions. We love Mexican recipes and look forward to celebrating summer and all things nachos and salsa! Currently we are munching on Que Pasa Tortilla Chips and Que Pasa Medium Salsa. I love that they are organic products and made in a traditional manner so that the flavours and ingredients are the best. Thanks to Que Pasa we are sharing this delicious recipe for Lentil Tacos. Yum!
· Que pasa corn tortillas (or flour tortillas of your choice)
· 1 Tbsp coconut oil
· 1 yellow onion, minced
· 1 can brown lentils, drained
· 1 small jar green chile enchilada sauce (or try this Roasted Tomatillo Salsa)
· ½ tsp onion powder
· sea salt
· 2 limes
· Feta cheese (optional)
Spicy Sriracha Cream Sauce:
· ½ cup plain yogurt (dairy or alternative) or sour cream
· Sriracha to taste – depends on how spicy you like it!
· Juice of 1 lime
· Pineapple tidbits – left fresh or grilled
· Red onion, thinly sliced
· Cilantro, chopped
1. Add coconut oil to a medium-size frying pan over medium heat. Saute minced onions until translucent and add the whole can (drain first!) of brown lentils. Saute for 2 minutes more and add green chile enchilada sauce, sea salt and onion powder.
2. Prep the spicy sriracha sauce sauce by combining yogurt (or sour cream) in a small bowl with lime juice and sriracha, stirring well to combine.
3. Build your tacos by first heating your tortillas, adding lentil mixture followed by pineapple, red onion, cilantro and spicy sriracha sauce.
Enter to win a Que Pasa #EveryDayFiesta #CincoDeMayo Giveaway!
- Assortment of Que Pasa organic, non-GMO chips crafted from whole kernel corn ground with real volcanic lava stone – the traditional way they’ve been made in Mexico for generations. They’re also gluten free, vegan, low sodium, and super delicious!
- Assortment of Que Pasa organic salsa, including medium Mexicana, Mild, and smoky Chipotle flavours
- Free product vouchers so that you can keep the fiesta going on summer long!
Giveaway is open to residents of Canada 18+ and ends May 14 at 11:59pm – (Total value: $50)