Coconut Shrimp is one of my favourite appetizers (or mains) to order at a restaurant. I love the sweetness of the coconut and the crunchy battered shrimp coating but I know that deep fried food isn’t exactly friendly to my waistline. Enter the Philips AirFryer and I get to enjoy the recipe I love without the oil! The Airfried Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Dip is the perfect appetizer for any time of year but perfectly pairs with a cocktail on the deck or a winter evening when you’re dreaming of the Caribbean.
AirFried Coconut Shrimp
1 pound of large shrimp
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup water
2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 cup bread crumbs (or panko)
In a small bowl whisk together flour, salt, water and baking powder. Set aside for 5 minutes.
In another bowl mix bread crumbs and coconut together.
Dredge shrimp in liquid then coat in coconut mixture making sure it’s totally covered. Repeat until all shrimp are coated.
Preheat Philips Airfryer at 200.
Place 5 or 6 shrimp in the basket and cook for 5 minutes.
Repeat until all shrimp are cooked.
Serve with Pina Colada Dip.
Pina Colada Dip
200g vanilla yogurt
zest of one lime
1/4 cup coconut
1 tbsp dark rum (optional)
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
The Philips Digital Airfryer is a convenient countertop appliance that reduces the amount of oil used to cook by up to 80%. It’s amazing Rapid Air Technology allows you to fry, bake, grill, broil, braise and caramelize perfectly. The digital touchscreen interface also memorizes the settings of their favourite dishes and looks great on the countertop. Whether you want to experiment or make your own tortilla chips or a delicious dish of poutine the Philips Airfryer is the healthy way to fry!
Some features of the Philips Airfryer:
• Recipe booklet with 25 delicious recipes. The Philips Airfryer app can be downloaded for free and has over 200 recipes; available in multiple languages and platforms.
• Digital touchscreen interface, available on the digital model, which memorizes the settings of your favourite dishes.
• Also available is the new XL Digital Airfryer, which has 2.65lb cooking capacity (47% larger than the Viva).
• For even more versatility the Philips Airfryer has a variety of accessories for purchase, including: Fry Grill Pan, Baking Pan, Double Layer Rack and Variety Basket
- 1 pound of large shrimp
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup bread crumbs (or panko)
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, salt, water and baking powder. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl mix bread crumbs and coconut together.
- Dredge shrimp in liquid then coat in coconut mixture making sure it's totally covered. Repeat until all shrimp are coated.
- Preheat Philips Airfryer at 200.
- Place 5 or 6 shrimp in the basket and cook for 5 minutes.
- Repeat until all shrimp are cooked.
- Serve with Pina Colada Dip.
- 200g vanilla yogurt
- zest of one lime
- ¼ cup coconut
- 1 tbsp dark rum (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve chilled.
For more information connect with Philips on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
Disclosure: I was supplied with a Philips Airfryer to help facilitate this review and recipe creation. As always, all opinions are my own.