Quesadillas is my go-to dinner when I’m not sure what to make the boys. It’s quick, easy and tastes delicious! These Grilled Poblano Quesadillas with Chipotle Sour Cream take a simple quesadilla and take it up a notch. A bit of subtle spice and smokey chipotle add depth of flavour to your family dinners. The key to the Chipotle Sour Cream is using Gay Lea Gold Sour Cream – the best sour cream I’ve ever had. Thick, creamy and similar in taste and texture to Mexican Crema. Perfect to accompany any Latin inspired meal.
- 4 large flour or corn tortillas
- 1 poblano seeded and sliced into long strips
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 cup Gay Lea Gold Premium Sour Cream
- 1 tsp canned chipotle (add more if you prefer it spicy)
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Sprinkle grated cheese on half of tortilla, line with poblano peppers and fold tortilla.
- Heat BBQ to low heat, place quesadillas on the top rack of your grill and check often.
- Flour tortillas heat quickly so stay by the BBQ.
- Once brown on the edges and cheese is melted remove quesadillas from the grill.
- While quesadillas cool mix chipotle and Gay Lea Premium Gold Sour Cream together.
- Garnish with cilantro.
If you’ve never had a Poblano pepper it has a mild spice to it between a bell pepper and a jalapeno pepper. If you would like to include more flavours sauté the poblano pepper strips with onions before adding to the quesadilla.
One of the many things I love about quesadillas with sour cream is the variety of flavours you can add. Add a bit of maple syrup and the sour cream becomes a combination of tangy, sweet and smokey. The perfect summer meal!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.