My favourite meals are full of flavour and perfect for a quick and delicious weeknight meal but this Tequila Lime Shrimp recipe is also perfect for entertaining. If you are daring enough to do the flambe your guests will be wowed by your culinary skills and kitchen showmanship and you will never have to tell them how easy it is!
Grab a few ingredients and a ripe, juicy lime and you will have a delicious Mexican recipe your friends and family will love.
Tequila Lime Shrimp
- 1 small white onion chopped
- pinch garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 oz tequila
- 12 large shrimp
- 1 lime
- zest of one lime
- Sautee onions, garlic powder, olive oil and zest of one lime for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add shrimp and 1 oz of tequila and cook thoroughly.
- Add second ounce of tequila and flambe (light the tequila in the pan on fire).
- Will burn for 10 secs or so then caramelize the tequila mixture.
- Serve with rice, avocado and lime.
For more fabulous Shrimp recipes check out: Grilled Shrimp Skewers, Curry Shrimp with Pineapple, Shrimp Creole, Lemon Garlic Butterfly Shrimp, and Garlic Shrimp and Spinach Tostada, Ginger Hoisin Shrimp Stir-Fry