Author: K. Ruth
Recipe type: Breakfast
Delicious Panettone Waffles with some healthy alternative ingredients.
- 2 cups of your favorite waffle/pancake mix, we used New Hope Mills
- 1.3 cups almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, plus more to grease the waffle iron
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ to ¾ cup dried fruit, plus more to top the waffles with
- 1+ tablespoon pure vanilla extract (we tend to have a heavy hand with vanilla)
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium and grease with coconut oil.
- Combine the ingredients together until you have a (powder mix) lump free batter that is slightly thick.
- When the iron is ready, pour the batter in and bake until they are golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Repeat this until have used all of the batter.
- We enjoyed these with a little bit more dried fruit and pure maple syrup on top.
Recipes and Photos by K. Ruth.
What is your favourite meal?