Is there anything better than brunch? A holiday brunch! All your favourite comfort breakfast foods served together with friends and family – it’s perfect! With these tips on how to host a holiday brunch you will be ready to serve up a delicious meal everyone will enjoy.
How to Host a Holiday Brunch
We’ve got lots of recipes that make great brunch dishes including Ham Egg and Feta Muffins, Brown Sugar Glazed Ham, Mexican Scrambled Eggs, No Mess Waffles, and Black Forest Stuffed French Toast. Yum! My mouth is watering just thinking of a table full of those recipes. In addition to the ones listed, if you are interested in making the Crepe Christmas Tree here’s the instructions.
- 3 crepes per person using your favourite crepe recipe
- Chocolate sauce
- Berry Sauce
- Icing Sugar
- Once crepes are prepared fold into triangles.
- Arrange the triangles on the plate so they form a tree shape.
- Sprinkle icing sugar all over or just at the base (for snow).
- Decorate with chocolate and berry icing.
- Serve immediately with fresh syrup and fruit.
Entertaining Made Easy with a Few Simple Tips
The holidays are all about spending quality time with those we love. This year, surprise family and friends by switching things up and hosting a fabulous holiday brunch instead of the traditional turkey dinner. For the perfect entertaining space that will leave guests in awe, follow my few simple tips below to elevate your brunch from the expected to the unexpected:
Establish a colour scheme
The secret to fabulous décor is to keep the colour palette simple and focus on two complementary colours. On trend for this holiday season is pairing opposite colours together. Once the basic palette is set, add in a third accent colour, such as silver or gold. This will help complete the look and bring it to life.
Try opting for slight variations on the traditional holiday colours of red and green. Some colour pairings ideas that work for any type of brunch:
- Mint and blush for a feminine and vintage look
- Plum and teal for a sophisticated and elegant feel
- Navy (or turquoise) and red, which gives your typical nautical decor a festive holiday flair
- Green and fuchsia to create something preppy and fun
- Red and grey for a chalet-chic look
Keep these colour schemes in mind when purchasing accent pillow covers, table linens, napkins and runners.
PRO TIP: If you’re hosting multiple parties, you can keep the festive colours looking new and radiant throughout the holiday season by using OxiClean™ Colour Shield Laundry Stain Remover. It helps to fight tough stains (think red wine and gravy) while safeguarding colours.
Set the mood… and table
The dinner table is the focal point of any holiday gathering! To make it more memorable, every tablescape needs the following:
- Flow: Don’t overpack your table with too many decorations. Keep it simple so there’s plenty of elbow room between guests and enough space for dessert on the table!
- Greenery and flowers: No décor is complete without succulents or fresh cut flowers, especially during the holidays. This year, try creating your own unique centrepieces by layering pine branches, Christmas ornaments and fresh flowers overtop a festive table runner.
- Table linens: Take a more casual approach to your brunch table linens this year. Mixing and matching colours and patterns keeps the meal light-hearted and bright. Notice a spill or stain once your guests have gone? Use OxiClean™ Max Force™ Foam Laundry Pre-Treater to help tackle even the greasiest spills and stains left behind.
- Rethink your serving plates: For a casual and natural feeling buffet style brunch, set aside the traditional serving platters and opt for more rustic materials such as slate, wood or marble. You can also try mixing vintage dishes with new items for classic yet modern feel.
PRO TIP: To make cleaning up even easier, start with a clean dishwasher when your guests arrive and load it throughout the meal. Using OxiClean™ Extreme Power Crystals™ Dishwasher Detergent and Triple Action Dishwasher Booster is also a must during the holidays as it removes tough, stuck on stains and keeps your precious dishes looking sparkling.
Think beyond the tree
During the holiday season, people often focus on the tree and forget about the rest of their house. Try placing small wreaths or pretty bowls filled with ornaments in different rooms. Using strings of lights indoors is also a fun way to decorate. You can also bundle up small white lights and place them in glass jars to add a little sparkle to any room.
Church & Dwight Holiday Giveaway
Contest is open to residents of Canada 18+ and ends on December 15, 2016 at 11:59pm. Good luck!
To help you get ready for your holiday entertaining we have put together a fun giveaway, including:
- OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Foam Laundry Pre-Treater – To help blast away even the greasiest of stains with its foaming action.
- OxiClean™ Extreme Power Crystals 26 PAK (468 g) Pouch – To remove stuck on stains and help your dishes sparkle!
- OxiClean™ Versitle Stain Remover – To to get rid of tough stains and ensure your home is ready for guests!
- Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Toothpaste and Spinbrush Battery Toothbrush – To ensure your smile is bright and white for any holiday parties! (I always give these away as stocking stuffers – it’s a tradition!
Disclosure: As an ambassador for Church & Dwight I received compensation for this post.