If you love to make your own holiday decor, or make your gifts then you will love this easy DIY Holiday Star Sign. With just a few steps you will have a beautiful sign done in under 30 minutes. Customize the lettering, choose a ribbon that matches the decor and create something unique and beautiful. I love any reminder to believe in the magic of Christmas and this is perfectly adorable on a wall, table or as part of your mantel.
DIY Holiday Star Sign Supplies
- wooden board
- 5 finishing nails
- acrylic paint
- letter stencils
- foam brush
- scrap paper
DIY Holiday Star Sign Instructions
1) Tape ribbon in place on wooden board for measure out spacing.
2) Trace desired word on scrap paper using the letter stencil
3) Use the word on scrap paper to check placement and spacing of letters before stencilling with paint
4) With a pencil mark on wood board where the word will go.
5) Remove scrap paper and place first stencil letter in place. Holding letter in place dip foam brush in paint and lightly dab on stencil. Remove stencil and let paint dry. Repeat until word is complete.
6) Nail finishing nails in place where you taped ribbon.
7) Loop ribbon around nails to make a star and tie in a bow.
The result is a beautiful custom sign that is perfect for the holidays. Plus, you could easily customize this for other occasions or decor. Easy and fast to make the DIY Holiday Star Sign is a great DIY project.
Love this post? Check out some of our favourite DIY projects – all of which take 30 minutes or less to create:
What is your favourite DIY Project?
*This post contains affiliate links