If you are a fan of fried foods you are well aware that frying food is ‘bad’ for you. What if I told you that it was possible to create ‘fried’ food with hot air? It seems impossible, and while I was skeptical at first after reading about it and trying it out I am convince the people at Philips who designed the Philips Airfryer are geniuses!
Some of the great features of the Philips Airfryer:
- Featuring Rapid Air Technology, the Philips Airfryer circulates hot air with speed and precision for perfect results with less oil
- Adjustable temperature control up to 390 degrees allows you to cook a variety of food
- 30-minute timer with ready signal and auto shut-off
- Dishwasher-safe parts for a quick and easy clean up
- 1.8lb cooking basket capacity
- Recipe booklet with more than 25 delicious recipes created exclusively for the Philips Airfryer
Check out how it works:
One of our favourite snacks is nachos and salsa with cantina style chips. I knew that making these chips was easy if you had corn tortillas and a deep fryer so I set out to make these in the Philips Airfryer. I was amazed. Just 1 tbsp of olive oil and 3 minutes and I had perfectly delicious, crunchy tortilla chips!
Air-Fry Corn Tortilla Chips Recipe
8 Corn Tortillas
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt (to taste)
Preheat Philips AirFryer to 200C. Cut corn tortillas into triangles with a sharp knife. Brush with olive oil. Place half of the tortilla pieces in wire basket and airfry for 3 minutes. Repeat with second batch, sprinkle with salt and serve.
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat Philips AirFryer to 200C.
- Cut corn tortillas into triangles with a sharp knife.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Place half of the tortilla pieces in wire basket and airfry for 3 minutes.
- Repeat with second batch.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
The best part about this recipe is the small amount of oil used, and the ability to control the amount of sodium in the chips. This healthier version of tortilla chips will be a hit at your next party, and perfect for after school snacks.
The Philips Airfryer is available at Hudson’s Bay, Williams-Sonoma, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Outfitters, Home Hardware, Amazon.ca, Costco.ca, and Best Buy.