Grilled hot dogs are second only in taste to my fav – camping hot dogs done over an open fire. Either way this recipe for simple toppings that result in an absolutely fantastic hot dog – salty, savoury and crunchy!
The best part is that you only need 5 ingredients and about 10 minutes to make these delicious summer treats. Not a fan of the combo? Make your own Hot Dog Bar filled with an assortment of toppings so that your guests/family can top their own dog just the way they like it.
- 6 Hot Dogs
- 6 Hot Dog buns
- 6 strips of bacon cooked to medium crispness
- ½ cup grated aged cheddar cheese
- 2 cups plain potato chips (I used Ruffles)
- Grill hot dog, turning every couple of minutes to ensure even grill marks.
- Cut up bacon and grate cheddar cheese.
- Place potato chips in a bowl alongside crumbled bacon and grated cheese.
- Serve to guests to top their dogs.