One of the things that summertime means for me is fun drinks on the patio with friends. But with two small kids I am much more interested in entertaining at home. When I was asked to create a blueberry recipe I was not sure what to make. I might be one of the only people in the world that doesn’t like cooked blueberries, only like the raw. And I love them raw! In smoothies, shakes, popsicles, on top of salads with ice cream, whipped cream, you name it, I’ll devour it. Here’s my way to get the antioxidants of blueberries in a summer cocktail (can also be made as a mocktail).
- ½ cup simple syrup
- 1 cup passionfruit juice
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- juice of 2 limes (about ¼ cup)
- 4 oz tequila
- 4 cups ice cubes
- Sugar to rim glass.
- *note* for Mocktail remove tequila and replace with 2oz lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in your Vitamix in the order listed.
- Start at low (1) and increase to high (8) until blueberries are blended and all ice is crushed.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until completely mixed.
- Pour into sugar rimmed glasses and garnish with a wedge of lime.
The combination of the blueberries with the unique flavour of passionfruit juice bring a perfect amount of sweet and tangy. This will definitely be my drink of the summer. Can’t wait to make it for friends.
So many wonderful blueberry recipes to make. Try these Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes, Blueberry Cheese Tarts, Blueberry Pie, Blueberry Quinoa Salad with Flax Lemon Vinaigrette, Homemade Blueberry Mint Tea, Homemade Blueberry Tarts, Blueberry Smoothie and Blueberry Ice Cream.
What is your favourite blended drink?