The most famous frozen hot chocolate is Serendipity in New York City. A drink heralded by Oprah and numerous celebrities and movies. And, having had it, I can honestly say it is worth all of the rave reviews it receives. It is like heaven in a large bowl.
My creation has the delicious hot chocolate flavour blended with ice cream to make the drink rich, creamy and easy to make with regular household staples.
- 1 serving of prepared hot chocolate (I used one from my Tassimo)
- 3 large scoops of french vanilla icecream
- 2 squares Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 2 cups ice cubes
- whipped cream and chocolate shavings for topping (optional)
- Place all ingredients in your Vitamix and blend on low, increasing the speed as the ice cubes get broken up.
- Pour into a chilled glass and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.