Looking for the perfect summer side dish? This Black Bean and Corn Salad is definitely for you. With all the ingredients of salsa, plus black beans and an assortment of spices there is a lot to love. The best part is it can be made a couple of days in advance making it a perfect potluck, BBQ or picnic dish. Recipe modified from Skinnytaste.com
- 1 can black beans (rinsed thoroughly)
- 2 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 1 large tomato chopped
- ½ red onion chopped
- Juice of 3 limes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ jalapeño diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, squeeze juice of limes over the top, season with salt and pepper, stir well.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Serve with your favourite quesadilla, burger or enjoy on it's own.
Show served with my Grilled Poblano Quesadillas