Guacamole is a staple at our home. Whether it be on a sandwich, as a dip or part of a quesadilla, guacamole is a go to for delicious, nutritious condiment/dip. The best part of guacamole is how versatile it is. Whether you love it spread on a sandwich, inside a burrito or used as a dip for chips guacamole is great to have around the house and once you start making your own, you will never go back to store bought guac again!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 persian limes (big ones)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ large white onion (Vidalia) finely chopped
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and finely diced (wear gloves)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place onion and jalapeño in a bowl with garlic powder, salt and pepper coat with juice of limes.
- Set aside at least 5 minutes and up to an hour.
- Half avocados, scoop out insides, discard pit and skin.
- Mash Avocados in the bowl with onion mixture until desired creaminess.
- Add additional salt if desired.
There are many variations to this guacamole depending on your taste and preference. You can char corn and add it to the guacamole, hide some other leafy greens (Kale, spinach etc.) in your guacamole for added nutrients. Whichever way you like to eat it, guacamole is a fantastic appetizer, dip or spread perfect for your next causal gathering or dinner party.
Looking for more fantastic Mexican inspired recipes? Check out these ones from some of my favourite bloggers:
- Pico de Gallo
- Mexican Rice
- Layered Bean Dip
- Chicken Mango Tacos
- Dragonfruit Mock Mojito
- Strawberry Margarita Mocktail
And try out some of my family’s favourite Mexican recipes:
Looking forward to hearing about your thoughts on this traditional dish. Happy guacamole!