I am always searching for the best snacks to feed my boys that are easy, delicious and nutritious. While cereal is one of our go-to’s I want the boys to get lots of options. This Easy Berry Parfait is simple, delicious and packed with protein and nutrients = the perfect snack!
- 1 single serve cup of yogurt (use an all natural Blueberry greek yogurt for lots of protein without the dyes and additives)
- 1 packet of instant oatmeal
- 2-3 cups organic fresh or frozen mixed berries
- Place the berries in a pan, cover with a splatter screen with the heat on medium to medium low for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally, the berries will reduce down to about 1 cup of tasty nutrient packed goodness.
- Prepare oatmeal according the package instructions and so it is slightly wetter vs dry.
- Depending on the size of your glass you may be able to spoon in the yogurt, we used a small piping bag because we were not able to. This particular yogurt is thick and that worked very easily. Layer with a bit of the berry reduction and then oatmeal. You may make as many or few layers as you like and make them all the same or different. Best if enjoyed the same day (as the liquid from the berry reduction will start to work its way down the sides of the glass taking away the clean lines. It will be just as tasty a few days later though-keep refrigerated).
What is your go-to for quick and nutritious snacks?