Cookie Dough Dip is a phenomenon of Pinterest. I see the recipes everywhere! In fact, a Google search for “cookie dough dip” will land you over 5 million hits in mere seconds. Why is it a phenomenon? Well, because we ALL like to eat cookie dough. I feel like every recipe should make at least a 1/4 serving more just to compensated for all the licking, tasting and even spoonfuls of yummy cookie dough that get eaten pre-baking. The harmful threat of salmonella doesn’t even dissuade us!
I made this dip as a variation of other ones I have seen. Each dip is slightly different but to say that my recipe is completely original would probably be a stretch. This one is attributed to each and every Pinterest pic and recipe of cookie dough dip that showed up in my feed.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter (I used Kraft light)
- 6 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups chopped Mini Reese Peanut Butter Cups
- In a stand mixer cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add peanut butter and cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add icing sugar in small doses.
- Add vanilla mixing until combined.
- Add chopped Mini Reese Peanut Butter Cups and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to one large bowl or a variety of smaller bowls.
- Place in the fridge and chill until set (or up to two days).
- Serve with pretzels and/or apple slices.
Looking for the ultimate indulgence then this Cookie Dough Dip is for you! Delicious ingredients and a rich creamy texture. This dip is sure to please your guests at your next gathering. Whether it be dessert or an appetizer this is a sure home run!