Meringues are one of my favourite desserts. So light, so sweet and so delicious! Paired with your favourite fruit, these Mini Meringues are perfect for a party any time of the year. This recipe is easy but adds a special element by piping the meringues into small bite size creations. Perfect for a dessert plate or beside a cup of tea.
Don’t they just look like the perfect morsels to pop in your mouth?
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 to 1.5 cups white sugar
- dash of vanilla
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly flour.
- Fit a large piping bag with a tip, we used an open round tip.
- Add the egg whites to the bowl and mix or whip on medium until they become very noticeably foamy and frothy, this took about 8 minutes with our Kitchenaid stand mixer.
- Very slowly start to add the sugar in, do only a tablespoon or two at a time and let it mix for a minute before adding more.
- Continue this until the sugar is gone and you have stiff peaks with lifting out the mixer or whisk.
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees
- Fill the piping bag with the meringue mixture and twist the open end tightly so it will not leak out.
- Carefully pipe each meringue about ½ to ¾ of an inch away from one another. They do not need to all be the same shape-but the same general size.
- This will be very helpful for consistent baking.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Note: if you do not have a stand mixer this recipe will require a lot of hand whisking!
Recipe and Photos provided by K. Ruth.
Have you ever made meringues? Do you had flavour or colour? I’d love to hear all about any meringues your family makes.