Bacon and steak are two words that go perfectly together. From Filet Mignon to Bacon Wrapped Steak Bites there are a variety of ways in which you can enjoy salty bacon wrapped around a perfectly cooked steak. This recipe allows you to cook the dish inside but can also be grilled if you would prefer. Follow the tips to keep the skewers moist to prevent burning and you will have a main dish or appetizer sure to wow your family/guests.
- 12 slices of thick bacon
- ½ lb grilling steak
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp steak spice
- 6 Bamboo skewers
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Soak bamboo skewers (just the bottom half) for 20 mins in warm water.
- Cut bacon slices in half and cook through but not crispy.
- Season steak with Worcestershire sauce and steak spice.
- Cut the steak into 12 cubes (about 1 inch square)
- Grill steak to rare (outsides should be seared but steak not cooked through).
- Wrap steak pieces in bacon and insert on skewer, two pieces per skewer.
- On a foil lined baking sheet put skewers into the oven for 5 mins then turn over and cook for another 3-5 mins depending on how well done you like your meat.
- Serve with salsa, ranch dip or on top of salad.
- *note: to prevent burning of skewers while in the oven wrap the ends with tinfoil.
My boys are all about “dip” so we served our Bacon Wrapped Steak Skewers alongside a small bowl of ranch dressing. Just make sure that you remove the skewers and cut the steak into bite sized pieces for little mouths. Anyway you serve it, the meat lovers in your family will love this recipe.