I have been so inspired to make cupcakes the past few weeks. I love the freedom and creativity to make different flavours, colours and tastes. These mini cupcakes are perfect for any occasion but dressed up with green roses they are the perfect dessert for a St. Patrick’s Day gathering.
- Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer whip butter until softened.
- Add milk, eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix just until fully combined.
- Spoon into mini cupcake liners and bake at for 5 mins checking often because they cook quickly.
For the icing I used my Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream Icing leaving out the Chocolate Chips to create a simple Mint Buttercream Icing – perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
Looking for more St. Patrick’s Day Cupcake ideas? Check out Shannon’s View From Here’s Andes Mint Chocolate Cupcakes, Yee Wittle Things Lucky Shamrock Squares, and Frugal Mom Eh’s Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes.
Wishing you and yours a fantastic St. Patrick’s Day!