Rice Krispies Treats are one of my favourite snacks/desserts. There is something wonderfully crunchy and sweet to them that makes me want to dig my teeth in. I am excited to welcome Elizabeth from Frugal Mom Eh to share her Salted Caramel and Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats recipe.
- Prepared Rice Krispies Treats
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream, divided
- 3 tsp Sea Salt, divided
- 170g Dark Chocolate, Chopped
- 2 tsp, unsalted butter
- In a small saucepan bring sugar and water to a boil over high heat.
- Boil until it turns a light amber then remove from heat and stir in 1 Cup Cream and 2 tsp salt until smooth. If it seizes and won’t smooth out return to low heat and continue stirring until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly then pour over Rice Krispie Treas and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl.
- Heat the remaining cream over medium heat in a small saucepan, bring it just to a boil.
- Pour over chocolate and stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Stir in butter and ¼ tsp salt until it looks glossy.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Smooth chocolate over caramel evenly and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt prior to serving.
Elizabeth is an IT Professional and a Family Review Blogger at Frugal Mom Eh. She enjoys writing about a variety of topics including parenting and cooking. When not writing she enjoys playing with her daughters, ‘Keira’ and ‘Ava’, painting and reading.