The Winter months bring beautiful snow, cold and a whole host of germs. While I tend to eat lots of warm, hearty food in the winter I do love a fruit smoothie packed with nutrients and vitamins to help boost my immunity. I have packed this smoothie with protein rich almond milk and hemp hearts, combined with strawberries, mango and kale. While the Kale gives it a slightly green/brown colour the sweetness of the fruit and honey make this a delicious smoothie your whole family will love.
This smoothie is healthy, yummy and sweet enough that my boys will have some too. Mixed in my Vitamix it is a perfect consistency maintaining all of the nutrients of the fruit and kale. As opposed to juicing, using a high powered blender ensures that none of the ‘pulp’ is lost.
- 2 cups Almond Milk or Soy Milk or Dairy Milk
- 2 cups organic juice (mango/orange)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup fresh or frozen deveined kale
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
- Honey or raw sugar – amount depends on desired sweetness
- Put all ingredients in a Vitamix (or high powered blender)
- Mix until smooth.
- Drink immediately.
- Left overs can be frozen for future use (just add water and re-blend)
Looking for more great smoothie recipes? Check out Life Made Delicious for a delicious variety of fruit and veggie smoothies.