If you think Yoga is only about meditation and chanting, think again – YAS Fitness Centres promotes a totally different type of yoga. Kimberly Fowler owner and creator of YAS Fitness Centres that combine Yoga for Athletes with Spinning brings a whole new perspective. Her tag line “No Chanting, No Granola, No Sanskrit” made her an outcast in the Yoga field, but a favourite with her clients.
After successful studios came yoga apparel, gear, books and DVDs. Check out this fabulous skull Yoga mat:
One lucky Family Food and Travel reader will win this prize pack: Skull Yoga Mat, The No Om Zone DVD and an autographed copy of Kimberly Fowler’s book The No Om Zone – valued at over $50!
The No OM Zone offers a range of yoga workouts as well as excellent information on:
- The benefits of yoga, from improved posture to increased energy and lower stress
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation through yoga
- Types of yoga and yoga styles, from Kundalini to Power Yoga, and which one is right for you
- Breath work and meditation
- Poses that target specific muscle groups and areas of the body
- Sports-related benefits and sports-specific poses to help you excel at your favourite event or pastime
Designed to get you off the couch and onto the mat, The No OM Zone can help you enjoy the amazing, lifelong benefits of the ancient practice.