It might be had to believe, but this recipe just might be World’s best Baked Chicken. I didn’t believe it either. I’ve tried other recipes like this that use mayo but I’m not a mayo person and the yogurt is a mellower flavour. The chicken came out cooked perfect with a delicious crispy top. Yummy!
- 4 chicken breasts
- generous ½ cup of plain low-fat greek yogurt
- generous 3 tbs of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. finely chopped garlic (fresh)
- 1 tsp. finely chopped onion (fresh)
- a good pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 tsp. dried italian herbs (salt free)
- Preheat over to 375
- Place chicken breast in a large resealable bag or between sheets of wax paper and give them a good whack with the bottom of a pan or a rolling pin. Alternately, if they are coming out of the freezer and are still a bit icy, you could butterfly the breasts (and adjust the cooking time accordingly)
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl - taste it, you'll melt!
- I took each of my pieces of chicken and pulled them through the yogurt coating on either side. You could just dump it in the ziplock but I really wanted to keep as much of the coating as I could!
- Place chicken breasts on a foil lined cookie sheet (so they aren't touching)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Turn broil to high for about 2 minutes before I took them out so they got nice and toasty on the top.
recipe modified from: http://dashingdish.com/