Cold days are filled with yummy, heartwarming treats at our home. Soups, stews, baked goods and delicious homemade hot chocolate. My boys love to stir their hot chocolate with a special treat, these hot chocolate stirrers are easy, delicious and add a subtle mint flavour to hot chocolate. Perfect for a girls afternoon, a playdate or a Holiday Brunch.
What you will need:
- Candy Canes
- Candy Melts or White Chocolate chips
- Melt candy melts in a microwave safe bowl.
- Pierce marshmallows with a knife to make a hole for the candy canes.
- Dip marshmallows in melted candy melts, then dip in sprinkles until coated.
- Let marshmallows harden then slide onto candy canes.
- Hang from your favourite mug of hot chocolate, serve and enjoy!
These hot chocolate stirrers are great because you can make them ahead and just seal the marshmallows in a bag (to prevent them from getting stale) and you have a special treat for your family to enjoy. I know that everytime I make them people are amazed at how great they look – hopefully they won’t realize how easy they are!
Does your family make hot chocolate stirrers? What do include in yours?