With summer at its end and the bright colours of Fall all around I tend to savour the last months of ‘BBQ season.’ While many die hard BBQ lovers will brave the cold and the snow to BBQ all year round, I am a fair weather BBQ kind of girl!
But, with an abundance of mushrooms this week we decided to make simple grilled mushrooms. A perfect side dish for anyone looking for easy, delicious and fresh here are my Easy Grilled Mushrooms.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup aged balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- 20-30 medium sized mushrooms
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Lemon wedge (optional)
- Bamboo skewers
- Soak bamboo skewers in water.
- While skewers are soaking, mix together olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste).
- Dry skewers and thread mushrooms on.
- Place in a large dish and drizzle with oil and vinegar mixture.
- Place on top rack of a heated grill (turning often) for 5 minutes or until mushrooms have cooked through.
- Take mushrooms off of sticks squeeze lemon wedge over mushrooms and sprinkle with fresh parsley
- Serve immediately
What’s your favourite easy BBQ side dish?