Another easy meal that your family will love! Easy to make, yummy to eat and a favourite with the kids and adults.
This recipe is a modification of a recipe that my mom made for years. I hadn’t thought about it in awhile but when I had a few cups of Dole Mango Peach on hand (and my boys decided they prefer mandarin oranges) I changed the recipe to suit our family’s preferences.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 4 Dole Mango Peach Fruit Cup (or 12oz canned fruit)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp course salt
- 1 tsp garlic pepper (or similar savoury spice)
- 4 Chicken breasts sliced into cutlets
- Place coconut oil into a pan and heat.
- Add chicken cutlets and cook on medium heat.
- Cook approximately 5 minutes (or until cooked through).
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add fruit cups to food processor or blender.
- Pulse a few times to mix but still a chunky consistency.
- Add mixture to a medium bowl.
- Mix fruit, brown sugar and cornstarch together.
- Add fruit mixture to skillet and cook on medium-high heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add chicken to skillet, reduce heat to low and cook 5-6 minutes until sauce is thick and chicken is heated through.
- Serve chicken with sauce spooned over the top.
Note: We serve our chicken on a bed of spinach to make sure we get some more veggies.