Pink Lemonade is one of my favourite summertime drinks. The tartness of it is so refreshing – perfect for a hot day. When I saw this recipe featured on the Life Made Delicious Facebook Page I knew that I had to make it for an upcoming picnic. I was really excited and intrigued to see just how much the lemonade flavour will come through. And, it did! Every single cookie I made was gobbled up at our picnic. A sure hit with everyone young and old.
- 1 pouch (1 lb.1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup frozen (thawed) pink lemonade concentrate
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons frozen (thawed) pink lemonade concentrate
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix all cookie ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Onto cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or just until edges begin to brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix ¼ cup butter, the powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons lemonade concentrate with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon concentrate, 1 teaspoon at a time, if needed for desired consistency. Frost cookies.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Life Made Delicious Ambassador program and receive special perks as part of my affiliation.